Report Fraud in Government

Waste, fraud, and abuse result in added government costs and a reduction in services, which impacts everyone. You can help by contacting us to express your concerns.

You can help by contacting us to express your concerns about fraud in government.  By statute, we can respond to questions and concerns about government entities and officials that gain inappropriately at your expense.  As a state office, we cannot investigate allegations against private entities or citizens.

We CAN investigate the following areas:

  • Improper financial gain, embezzlement, and the abuse of public property or funds for personal gain;
  • Misappropriation of government funds;
  • Agency overspending; and
  • Inappropriate or illegal use of public funds.

Although anyone can submit a Fraud Report, we may, by statute, conduct audits only under certain circumstances, as outlined in our Frequently Asked Questions.

Some other state agencies/offices have jurisdiction over fraud regarding the following matters:

  • Income taxes
  • Supplemental nutrition assistance (food stamps / welfare)
  • Medicaid
  • Salaries/wages
  • Unemployment
  • Disability benefits
  • Workers’ compensation
  • Consumer-protection

We do not investigate these matters.  The state agencies/offices that have jurisdiction over these matters are listed at the bottom of this webpage.

You may also submit a Governmental Fraud Report by calling 1-855-372-8366.

"*" indicates required fields

Your Information

You may choose to remain anonymous by selecting that option later in this form. However, this office needs your name and contact information for follow-up questions and/or clarification on things reported.
MM slash DD slash YYYY

Suspected Abuse, Waste, or Fraud

MM slash DD slash YYYY
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

The following state agencies/offices have jurisdiction over fraud regarding the following matters:

Income Taxes

Tax Commission /

405-521-3251 / 405-521-3160

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (Food Stamps / Welfare)

Department of Human Services, Office of Inspector General


Office of Attorney General, Medicaid Fraud Control Unit



Department of Labor, Wage & Hour Unit

405-521-6100 / 888-269-5353

Unemployment Benefits

Employment Security Commission (form)


Disability Benefits

Department of Rehabilitation Services, Disability Determination Services

Workers’ Compensation

Office of Attorney General, Workers’ Compensation & Insurance Fraud Unit (form)


Consumer Protection

Office of Attorney General, Consumer Protection Unit (form)

405-521-2029 / 833-681-1895